Friday, December 25, 2009

Some Old Stuff

September 18, 2008
I'm doing well here, just got over two weeks of being sick with the flu. My classes are good but challenging. In Algebra and General Science there are a few students (the ones who are related to me) who make things difficult. I've had to yell at one on a regular basis and have kicked him out of class a few times. This week I've had to resort to having him do physical labor during his free time. English class is going well, but even I think it's boring, haha. Arts and Crafts is my only sophomore class, and I have them doing still life drawings this week. We've been doing basketball and volleyball for P.E. these past few weeks, but the Interscholastic Sports League is starting this week so we've been having the kids run instead. Tomorrow is their first Cross Country meet... wish them luck!


October 3, 2008
I haven’t seen too much outside of the Emmaus High School, but what I have seen has been great. Palau really is beautiful. I spent a weekend at the rock islands with some women from the school and church. I have tons of pictures I wish I could show you, but the internet is so slow that nothing will upload online. It was funny watching all these women prepare the boat that was taking us to the rock islands. They brought enough food for a small army and comforters, solar powered showers, giant batteries, etc. The two Filipina women and I packed a small bag each and then we tried to run off and set up camp down the beach from everyone else. I spent a lot of time by myself at the islands, kayaking, swimming in beautiful crystal clear water, exploring the beach, chasing eels and stingrays, etc. It was a much needed break.

Now I’m sitting at my Aunt Laura’s house in Airai, on the porch overlooking a valley and some rock islands and the edge of the ocean. It’s a gorgeous view… and I can enjoy some peaceful alone time.


December 10, 2008
The Emmaus boys played Palau High School today for the championship and.... they WON!!! 62 to 67... it was another exciting game.


January 6, 2009
I hope you had a great Christmas and New Years!!

Guess what! I'm now part of the worship team at the church here. It's only been two weeks so far, but it's a big step for me. Two other ladies and I stand up front and lead worship! Ahhhh... it still scares me and the first week almost no sound came out of my mouth because I was so nervous and the Pastor was concerned I think... but I did really well the second week :) Yea!


February 13, 2009
Classes at Adult High are going well, the students are a lot more mature and they actually listen to me. It still feels wierd when I start lecturing and they take notes without me having to yell at them for 10 minutes to listen and get out notebooks first, haha. They don't throw things at me or argue with me, etc ... so it's going well.

No comments: